By supplying drinks to hotels, tourist attractions and other hospitality businesses, the drinks industry enables approximately 175,000 jobs in the wider hospitality sector, or 7.5% of the entire Irish workforce.
- The drinks industry exports over €1.25 billion of produce annually
- It contributes more than €2.3 billion in revenue to the Exchequer
- The drinks industry and hospitality sector together generate €2.9 billion in wages
- Ireland’s drinks products are among the world’s favourites—Cork-produced Heineken is drunk in 192 countries, Guinness in 150 countries, Baileys in 130, and Jameson in 120
- Overseas tourists say that a visit to a real Irish pub is one of the most important factors influencing their decision to travel to Ireland
- The Guinness Storehouse is visited by half of all visitors to Dublin—it recently outranked the Eiffel Tower and the Coliseum as the top fee-paying attraction in Europe